Mutual Aid to Montrose for Residential Fire
 
By CFD Fire News Reporter
September 11, 2018
 

Fire struck a home in Montrose for the second time in recent memory - likely caused by a faulty smartphone charger.

At 1:38 PM, Montrose Command (Chief Gilbert) requested our FASTeam be added to the Box, as the initial FASTeam from the Montrose VAFD was "going to work" and aiding with the firefighting efforts. Members encountered a heavy fire condition and mounted an aggressive interior attack to knock down the blaze.

The CFDFAST arrived - with 8 Members - and conducted a 360 survey of the dwelling, threw additional ladders to supplement those already placed and stood FAST as the rest of the fire was quickly put out. Once the fire was deemed under control, some of the FASTeam members were used to hit hot spots and open up.

Croton units cleared the scene a little over an hour after dispatch.

Photos by J. Gilbert / R. Quinones

 
Units: 2082, E119, FASTeam
 
Mutual Aid: Montrose 2271, E122, TL8 / Montrose VAFD E225 /Buchanan 2551, U12 / Cortlandt EMS / Battalion 10
 
No Caption
No Caption
 
No Caption