On Monday, April 3rd, Chief Mansfield placed the new Rescue 18 in service, replacing it's 1993 International / Cayel Craft predecessor which faithfully served us for 23 years.
The new R18 is a 2015 Spartan/Rescue One demo apparatus, sold to the Croton-on-Hudson Fire Department by Hendrickson Fire-Rescue Equipment of Islandia, NY. The apparatus boasts some of the following features;
- 2015 Spartan MetroStar MFD 6-Man Aluminum Cab
- 20' Walk-Around Aluminum Rescue Body
- Cummins ISL9 450HP Motor
- Allison 3000 5-Speed Transmission
- Onan 30KW Hydraulic PTO Generator
- Side-Mounted Stairwell for access to top-mounted storage compartments
- Wil-Burt Night Scan Powerlite 4.5 Telescopic 6-Head LED Light Tower
- Hurst JL-SE 5000 PSI On-Board Power Plant w/ 2 Hydraulic Hose Reels
- Hurst JL500 Cutter, Hurst ML28 Spreader, Hurst T41 & T59 Rams
- Hurst S700E2 Battery-Operated Cutter & SP555E2 Battery-Operated Spreader
- Carefree 8 Foot Power Awning
- FRC Spectra LED Scene Lights
- Whelen Warning Lights & Siren
- Warn 9,000 Lb. Portable Winch with Connecition Points on 4-sides of Apparatus
- Federal Q Mechanical Siren (Re-purposed from former R18).
- Six Scott Air-Pak X3 SCBAs w/ 6 Spare Cylinders
- Paratech Rescue Strut System
- FLIR K2 Thermal Imaging Camera
- 28' Extension, 14' Roof, 8' Attic and Little Giant Ladders
- 2 K12 Rescue Saws, 2 Chainsaws
- Various Rope, Ice, Water & Technical Rescue Equipment
- 200 Lb. Speedy Dry Hopper w/ dump chute and vacuum
The Officers and Members of Croton Fire Patrol No. 1 invite anyone interested to a "New Apparatus Celebration" on Saturday, May 6th from 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM at the Harmon Firehouse.
May the new Rescue 18 bring many years of reliable service to Croton Fire Patrol, Croton-on-Hudson Fire Department, Croton residents and any Mutual Aid we may be called to assist in the years to come!